- “I’ve been Java free for 15 months. It’s been a long time, but not long enough.”
- Testing?! What’s in it for me? Testing won’t be as fun as working on the app, right? But
- Tests are, in part, the insurance for the app staying fun.
- Law of Unintended Consequences: almost all human actions have at least one unintended consequence.
- When difficulties with dependencies become an excuse for not testing make a mock object.
- Anything that sounds like a story is likely a good candidate for an integration test.
- If you find yourself asking, “How am I going to test this?”, it might be an indication that the application isn’t particularly usable.
- While testing can slow you down in the very short term, the irony of all of this is that testing can actually help you write better code faster.
Yep, this guy’s right up Doug’s alley.