Dude, Talbott, has actually spoken at all seven ruby conferences – damn dude. He gave love to why, and started live coding a blog in camping: creating posts, viewing posts, adding comments – good stuff.
Now, breaking some eggs
Contrasting camping with rails:
- rails favors convention over configuration, but camping has no configuration.
- rails is boring (david said so); camping is zesty
- rails encourages conformance; camping encourages experimentation
Dude got all sales and marketing-centric, and realized while hacking one day that feeding his creative side is incredibly important. Regular, varied and appealing tasks are what we need – if we learn something new at every turn, no matter how small, we will be happier and more productive.
Talked Rubyconf vs. Railsconf:
- hobbyists at rubyconf, professionals at railsconf
- generalists in ruby, focus in rails
- vitality from ruby, momentum from rails
Thanks for coming; now help out our ruby community – go hack something!